Quite some time ago, Nicole tagged me for a meme asking for 6 random facts about myself. Since it's been two months since I've blogged I thought this may be a good way to loosen up the fingers!
1. I LOVE homeschooling. I love teaching my own kids, I love choosing curriculum, I love the idea behind homeschooling. When I first began three years ago I was worried that I would like the idea of homeschooling more than actually doing it. Thankfully that is not the case.
2. My life verse is Proverbs 3:5-6:
and lean not on your own understanding.
In all your ways acknowledge Him,
and He shall direct your paths.
3. I made Chicken Mole for dinner last night. This was the first time I made it and it was a hit. Everyone loved it!
4. I am surrounded by elections. We have a federal election, provincial election and a municipal election all coming up. My mind is made up for the federal election, I have no clue who I'll vote for in the provincial; definitely not the NDP, but I don't really like any of the choices. Maybe this environmentally unconcerned gal will go Green. As for our municipal election? I have no idea who's even running. I just know I'll vote. It's my duty. Then there is the US election, which is shaping up to be rather interesting. Too bad Sarah Palin isn't up for President.
5. Now you know my views on women voting and whether it is appropriate for a woman to lead a country. Church and State are two separate realms. The bible is clear on woman's roles in the church. Not so clear on their role in State. Though Deborah, Esther, the Queen of Sheba come to mind as venerated leaders in the public realm.
6. It is glorious outside! It is October 1 and the windows are wide open, the kids are in shorts and T-shirts, and I've only had to turn on the furnace once in the last month. I think I'll head out to the back deck and read Chapter 1 of Future Grace, then come back and post my thoughts for Leslie's Book Club.
Tag: anyone who wants some blogging material!
The fine print: 1. Link to the person who ‘tagged’ you! 2. Post the rules on your blog! 3. List 6 random facts about yourself! 4. Tag 6 people at the end of your post! 5. Let each person know they have been tagged by commenting on their blog! 6. Let the tagger know the entry is posted on your blog!